- 8 Nos Brinjal (small)
- 2 Nos Onion (medium)
- 2 Nos Green Chilly
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Nos Tomatoes (medium)
- 2 tablesoon Fresh cream
- 1/2 cp Coriander
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- As per taste Salt
Baingan cooked in light masala along with fresh cream makes it a delicacy.
- Cut brinjals into 1 inch cubes.
- Finely chop onion and tomatoes.
- Slit green chilies into half.
- Finely chop coriander.
- Heat oil in kadai and add cumin seed. Let it crackle.
- Add onion and saute till light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chilies, coriander powder, chilly powder, turmeric and cumin powder along with half cup of water. Cook for 2 mins on medium flame, stirring continuously.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook on slow flame till the tomatoes are soft and oil leaves the masala.
- Add brinjals and 1/2 cup of water. Cook on slow flame till the brinjals are soft & properly cooked.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
100 0 100 10