- 250 grams Karela (Bitter gourd)
- 200 grams Onion
- 1 tsp Red chilli
- 1-1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Nigella seed
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
- 2 tsp Jaggery
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1tsp Amchur powder
A little bitter and a little sweet, Karela with a different taste.
- Finely chop karela, mix 1 tsp of salt and keep aside for 1 hour. After 1 hour wash it under running water.
- Finely chop onion.
- Mix karela with onion, leaving 1 tbsp onion to fry.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seed and 1 tbsp of onion and saute till it turns transluscent.
- Add karela onion mixture, add salt, cover and keep on low flame till it is half cooked.
- Add nigella seed, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, jaggery, amchur powder, add 1/4 cup of water. Cover it and keep on low flame till it is fully cooked.
- Serve hot.
0 0 100 0