- 1/2 Kg Mutton
- 1 tbsp Whole coriander (for mutton)
- 1 tbsp Fennel seeds (for mutton)
- 12 Nos Garlic cloves (for mutton)
- 1 inch Ginger (for mutton)
- 1 No Onion chopped (for mutton)
- 4 Nos Small cardamom (for mutton)
- 4 Nos Clove (for mutton)
- 1 inch Cinnamon (for mutton)
- 1 tbsp Black pepper (for mutton)
- 1/2 Kg Rice
- 1 No Bay leaf (for rice)
- 3 nos Green cardamom (for rice)
- 4 Nos Clove (for rice)
- 2 Nos Black cardamom (for rice)
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick (for rice)
- 2 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 No Onion (for rice)
- 150 grams Curd
- 5 Nos Green chilli
- 2 tbsp Red chilli (optional)
- 3 tbsp Oil
Rice cooked with mutton which is boiled in aromatic spices tied in muslin cloth giving it delicious taste & flavor.
- Wash and clean mutton, keep aside.
- Tie all the ingredients of mutton in a muslin cloth, form a potli.
- Chop onions.
- Wash rice & keep soak for 20 mins.
Method for Mutton
- Pour 1 liter water in pressure cooker, add mutton and tied muslin potli.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Let the steam escape, remove the potli & separate mutton and water.
- Keep water in a separate pan to cook rice.
Method for Rice
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, add bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardamom, clove & cinnamon stick. Let it crackle.
- Add onion & sauté till golden brown.
- Add mutton & stir till it turns brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & stir for 2 mins on medium flame.
- Add green chilli & red chilli.
- Add curd & stir for 3 mins on low flame.
- Add water (in which mutton was cooked), rice & salt.
- Cook for 2 whistles. Let the steam escape. Mix rice well & serve hot.
100 0 100 10