- 500 grams Basmati Rice
- 4 Nos Green Cardamom
- 2 Nos Cinnamon
- 1 No Bay Leaf
- 1 No Onion Medium size
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 10 Nos Cashewnuts
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 15 Strands Saffron
- As per taste Salt
Zaafrani Pulav or Saffron rice is prepared with saffron flavouring. Cashew nuts & Sunflower seeds make this a rich delicacy that is easy to prepare.
- Soak rice for half an hour.
- Soak saffron in luke warm water
- Fry Cashewnuts and sunflower seed till medium brow in ghee & keep aside.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker and add bay leaf, cinnamon stick & cardamom. Let it crackle.
- Add onion & fry till light brown
- Add ginger garlic paste & fry for 2 minutes
- Add rice, stir and add water
- Pressure cook till 2 whistles.
- Let it cool for some time and open the lid
- Add saffron in such a way that some of the rice remains white. Mix well.
- Garnish it with cashewnuts and sunflower seeds. Serve hot.
100 0 100 7