Aloo Matar – Restaurant style
Aloo matar recipe is very easy to rustle up and comes together very easily. It’s a very popular dish which is made in every Indian home & it adds zing to any meal.
- 3 medium size Potatoes
- 100 grams Green pease
- 2 large size Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Ginger – garlic paste
- 2 nos Onion medium size
- 2 nos. Green chilli
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Fenugreek dried (Kasuri methi)
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- as per taste Salt
- Cut potatoes in to small cubes.
- Roughly chop onion, green chilli & tomatoes.
- Finely chop coriander.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add onion & green chilli. Saute till it turns soft.
- Add tomatoes, cook till it turns soft.
- Add the mixture in a blender and make a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, let it crackle.
- Add ginger – garlic paste & saute for 2 mins.
- Add green peas & potatoes, fry it for few mins.
- Add the puree and add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder & salt.
- Mix well and cook till the oil leaves its sides.
- Add 100ml of water, cover and cook till the potatoes turn soft.
- Add garam masala, dried fenugreek, again cook for few mins.
- Add coriander leaves & serve hot.