Batata Thalipeeth (Potato Pancake)
Simple potato turns out to be so delish when you make it into a pancake! Take a look at the link below to find out how!
- 1 large potato or 2 medium potatoes
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin)
- 2-3 spicy green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Oil for frying
- Grate the potato in a grater.
- Coarsely grind the peanuts, jeera and green chilies.
- Add salt and sugar to the grated potato and mix in the ground mixture. Mix till well blended.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan and add a tsp of oil and spread the potato mixture flat like a pancake.
- Add more oil on top and cover and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn and cook the other side. Do not cover this time.
- Batata thalipeeth is ready to serve.
- Serve with plain or spiced yogurt. Good recipe for fasting (upvas)