Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani
- 1 kg Rice
- 750grams Mutton
- 250 grams Ghee
- 250 grams Onion
- 150 grams Curd
- 3 nos Lemon
- 250 grams Tomato
- 3 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 12 nos Green cardamom
- 12 nos + 4 nos Clove
- 6 nos + 2 nos Black cardamon
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 inch Cinamon stick
- Pinch Javitri (Mace)
- 2 tsp Shahi zeera (Black cumin seed)
- 6 nos + 2 nos Bay leaf
- 1/4 piece Coconut dry
- 25 grams Khuskhus (Poppy Seed)
- 3 tsp Red chilli powder
- Pinch Red edible color
- 7 nos Green chilli
- As per taste Salt
Mouth watering delight from Hyderabad.
- Grind together green cardamom – 12 nos, clove – 12 nos, black cardamom – 6 nos, black pepper – 1 tsp, cinamon stick – 2 inches, javitri and shahi zeera together to form garam masala powder.
- Grind together dry coconut and khuskhus
- Squeeze lemon juice and keep aside.
- Finely chop tomatoes.
- Finely chop onions.
- Slit green chillies from middle.
- Wash mutton and keep aside.
- Soak rice for 10 mins.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker and add bay leaf. Add onion and sauté till golden brown.
- Add mutton and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli, turmeric, salt and stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add grounded garam masala and fry for 2 mins.
- Add coconut and khuskhus paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till ghee separates from masala.
- Add whisked curd and stir fry for 10 mins on low flame.
- Add green chillies and stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add ½ cup of water and pressure cook till the mutton becomes soft and is properly cooked.
- Let it cool for some time, add lemon juice and mix well.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee and add bay leaf – 2 nos, black pepper- 1 tsp, cloves- 4nos, green cardamom -4 nos, black cardamom – 2 nos. Let it crackle.
- Add rice, water and salt. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Take two broad vessel. In the 1st vessel spread 1st layer of rice then add 2nd layer of mutton and cover it with the 3rd layer of rice. Sprinkle red color on rice in such a way that some patches of rice remain white.
- Cover with lid and keep on low flame for 5 mins
- Now mix all the 3 layers properly so that rice is properly covered with the mutton masala.
- Repeat the same process in 2nd vessel.
- Serve hot.