Kokam Sol Kadi & Coconut Sol Kadi
Sol kadi is a popular and healthy drink in the Konkan region. It aids digestion. Kokum petals are soaked in warm water and mixed with other spices to get the perfect taste.
- 10-12 dried kokum petals
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilis
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- For the coconut milk Sol Kadi, additional ingredients: Coconut milk (1 cup or half a can of coconut milk)
- Soak kokum petals in warm/hot water for 15-20 mins.
- Add crushed garlic, slit green chilis, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Strain and garnish with coriander leaves.
- For coconut milk Sol kadi, add coconut milk. (Sugar is optional here)