A very simple yet delicious dish made of cottage cheese and peas in a rich tomato gravy. Matar Paneer is a North Indian dish which is prepared in every home all over India. We can have it with chapati or rice.
- Green Peas – 1 Cup
- Shallow fried paneer – 200 gms
- Onion – 2 nos (big)
- Tomatoes – 3 nos (medium)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander – 1 Cup (finely chopped)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- In a mixer, grind onion and green chillies together to make onion and green chilli paste.
- Now separately grind tomatoes.
- Finely chop coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in Kadai, add Cumin seeds, let it crackle.
- Add onion – green chilli paste & fry till golden brown,
- Add ginger garlic paste & fry for 2 minutes
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and 50 ml of water. Mix well and saute for 2 mins.
- Add tomato paste and fry till oil leaves the sides.
- Add green peas, cover and cook till the green peas are soft.
- After the green peas are cooked, add 100 ml of water again cover and cook on slow flame for 5 mins and add garam masala.
- Add paneer & cook on slow flame for 5 mins.
- When oil starts appearing on surface, switch off the flame. add coriander leaves and serve hot.