Navratan pulao is a popular one pot meal recipe made with lots of vegetable, spices & dry fruits. It is also made with different variations of nuts, dry fruits & vegetables. It is generally made for lunch box recipes as they are one pot meal. It can be served with boondi raita or any spicy curry. The recipe name is derived from use of nine different dry fruits & vegetables added to flavored rice.
- 100 grams Paneer
- 2 cups Boiled rice
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tsp Ginger – garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 no Bay leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 3 nos Cardamom
- 3 nos Cloves
- 1/2 Sliced Onion
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 1/2 cup Potato
- 8 Florets Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup French beans
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Cup
- 8 to 10 strand Saffron
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Pure ghee
- 50 ml Water
- 1 tsp or as per taste Salt
- Cut paneer in to small cubes.
- Peel & cut the potato & carrot into cubes
- Finely chop french beans
- Soak saffron strands in milk.
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Boil the corns.
- In a pan add 1 tsp pure ghee & shallow fry them.
- Add cashew nuts & almonds, lightly saute them & keep it aside.
- In a deep kadai or pan heat oil,add cumin seeds & let it crackle.
- Add bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper & let the aroma infuse.
- Add soy & tomato sauce, mix well.
- Add onion & saute till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste & saute it for 2 mins.
- Add potatoes & carrot, fry on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Add french beans, green peas, fry t on medium fame for 2 mins.
- Add cauliflower & boiled corn, mix well & fry them for 2 mins.
- Add salt & water, mix it well. Cover & cook on slow fame for 5-10 mins or till they are properly cooked.
- Add 2 cups of boiled rice & lightly mix.
- Add fried paneer & nuts, mix well.
- Add saffron milk, mix properly. Cover & cook on slow flame for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with boondi raita or any spicy curry.