- 500 grams Palak (spinach)
- 2 nos. Tomato (Big)
- 1 no. Onion (Big)
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 tsp Red chili
- As per taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
Palak Paneer is a popular north Indian recipe cooked using palak (spinach) and paneer with additional fresh cream to provide a creamy base.
- Blanch and peel tomatoes. Make tomato puree by grinding in mixer.
- Boil spinach and grind in mixer. Keep aside water in which spinach was boiled.
- Cut paneer into cubes. Shallow fry and keep aside.
- Grind onion in mixer to make onion paste.
- Heat oil in pan and add onion paste. Fry on low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger paste and fry for 2 mins.
- Add tomato puree and red chili, cook till oil starts leaving its sides.
- Add spinach and salt, cook on low flame till oil starts leaving.
- Add 1/2 cup water in which spinach was boiled.
- Cover and cook for 10 mins on low flame.
- Add paneer cubes, fresh cream, mix and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve hot.