Rava laddoo/Suji Laddo
Rava ladus made with homemade tuup/ghee. Ravo /Rava is roasted with ghee and then mixed with sugar syrup with a hint of cardamom, garnished with raisins and cashews. A must recipe during festivals and gatherings and favorite among kids too.
- 2 1/2 cups Bombay rava/suji rava
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup ghee / tuup
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp kismis/raisins and cashews
- Roast rava in ghee for 10 mins on medium flame in heavy-bottom pan, add grated coconut and roast it for 5 more mins. Let this mixture cool down.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add sugar and water, cook on a medium flame. Keep stirring every 2-3 mins. Place a drop on a plate and with help of thumb and index finger check for 1 string consistency, it will take around 12-15 mins to get to this point.
- Mix the roasted rava with sugar syrup, add cardamom powder, and let it cool down a bit so it can be handled safely with hands. Don’t let it cool completely.
- Apply ghee on your palms and roll the ladus. Garnish them with your favorite dry fruits.