- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 no. Onion (Big)
- 2 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 2 nos Tomato (medium)
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tbsp Oil
- As per taste Salt
Shahi paneer is a traditional north Indian dish made using cashewnut and fresh cream to bring in rich texture and royal flavour.
- Cut paneer into cubes. Shallow fry them and keep aside.
- Grind onion and cashewnuts together in a mixer to make fine paste .
- Grind tomatoes to make fine paste.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion and cashewnut paste. Saute on low flame till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for few mins on low flame.
- Add tomato paste, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Cook till oil starts seperating.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook on low flame for 5 mins.
- Add fresh cream and garam masala. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Add paneer. Mix and serve hot.