Stuffed Chilies-Chili Poppers
- Bajji mirchis
- Maida or Besan-1 cup
- Corn Flour-1/2 cup
- Salt-1 tsp
- Pepper Powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli flakes-1 tsp
- Oregano-for taste 1 tsp
- Bread Crumbs or corn flakes-sufficient
- Oil-for deep frying
- Wash well and pat dry the chilies.
- Make one slit along the length of one side of the chili with a knife. Remove the seeds and membrane to reduce the spiciness with the help of a spoon.
- Green chilies are crisp they might break when stuffing them, to avoid that keep them in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes so that they become soft.
- Now, open the slit of chili one at a time with your fingers , take a piece of cheese put inside the chilllies, check well so that piece of cheese settle down inside, Repeat the procedure for all the chillies.
- Coat these stuffed chilies with the flour batter and corn flakes powder or bread crumbs.
- Heat sufficient oil in frying pan or a kadhai, for 5 to 6 minutes keep the flame high then turn the heat down to medium. The correct temperature is important.
- Make sure the chilies are well coated then gently drop them into hot oil.
- Let the chilies fry for 1 minute after 1 minute turn them back again. Fry the cheese chillies until the chilies become golden brown.
- Once chilies become golden brown take them out from the oil and place them on the plate over paper towel so that excess oil is absorbed.