Village style Pithla
Village style cooking is always a notch above all cooking styles! We can’t always go there to get authentic recipes and amazingly tasty food, however we can try to make a few dishes in the village style way! This Pithla recipe is one such that you can’t resist.
- ¾ cup chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 7-8 garlic petals
- 4-5 green chilies
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tbsp raw peanuts
- Handful of cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup hot water
- Coarsely grind garlic, raw peanuts, green chilies, cumin, and coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil and saute the ground mixture for 2 minutes until the raw flavor goes off.
- Add chopped onions and saute 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Add hot water and bring to a boil.
- Add the chickpea flour through a sieve and keep mixing and repeating until all the flour is used.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix well.
- Village style pithla is ready to serve.
- Serve with bhakri or fresh steamed rice with a teaspoonful of ghee.