Kheer is a traditional rice pudding made by boiling rice, milk and sugar, it is flavored with cardamom, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert.
- 1 Litre Milk
- 150 gram Sugar
- 50 grams Rice
- 20 Strands Saffron
- 6 Nos Cardamom
- 8 Nos Almond
- Soak rice for 2 hours and grind into coarse paste.
- Grind cardamom seeds into fine powder.
- Soak Saffron in warm milk for 2 hours.
- Cut Almond into slivers.
- Mix rice paste in cold milk and put on slow flame, stir continuously.
- Cook for 10 minutes or till the rice are cooked properly.
- Mix sugar and continue stirring.
- After the mixture turns thick add cardamom powder.
- After 2 minutes add saffron mixture and stir for another 1 minute.
- Pour in bowl.
- Garnish with Almond slivers and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.